Suggested items for your store
SOLD FULLY ASSEMBLED
Ready for Immediate Display - Not a Model Ship kit
Fine craftsmanship and attention to detail highlight this scale tall model ship replica of HMS Surprise, the ship made famous in Patrick O’Brian’s Aubrey-Maturin series and the film Master and Commander: Far Side of the World with Russel Crowe. Whether seated upon a shelf, desk or table, these HMS Surprise tall ship models proudly displays their exquisitely-crafted features and indomitable historic, patriotic and adventurous spirit.
30" Long x 9" Wide x 23" High (1:82 scale)
- Built from scratch by master artisans
- Individual wooden planks used in hull construction
- High quality woods include cherry, birch, maple and rosewood
- Extensive rigging more than 150 blocks and deadeyes in this tall model ship
- Gun ports actually cut into the hull
- Amazing Details, including:
- Planked deck with nail holes
- Authentic scale lifeboat
- Rudder chains, cannonball racks
- Finely carved and hand-painted window details on the stern
- Solid brass cannons and metal anchors
- Additional deck details such as cannon balls, barrels, etc.
- Masterfully stitched, heavy canvas sails hold shape and do not wrinkle
- Taut rigging with varied thread gauge and color
- Meticulous painting accurately matches the actual HMS Surprise
- Wooden display base features four arched dolphins
- Pictured with marble base (available for purchase)
- Extensive research of original plans, historical drawings and paintings as well as actual photographs ensures the highest possible accuracy
- Note: The two side lifeboats are prone to being damaged during shipping. As such they have been discontinued and are not offered on the regular model, only the limited edition HMS Surprise models have these extra lifeboats.